Frequently Asked Questions
There are a variety of treatment options, including saline rinses, over-the-counter and prescription medications, non-invasive surgery, and more involved surgery.1-3 See more here.
NuVent™ is the only system designed, tested, and integrated to work with the Fusion® ENT Navigation System. This helps Dr. Salmeron precisely place the balloon in your blocked sinuses. Learn more here.
Most people find it tolerable and experience little to mild pain.4 During the procedure, you may feel pressure associated with no pain or some brief pain.5
The duration of the procedure is usually short, as is the in-office recovery time.5 Talk with Dr. Salmeron‘s office for more details as they may need more time for pre-surgery preparation and post-surgery recovery.
Balloon Sinus Surgery has be shown to have a faster recovery time (averaging 1.7 days) compared with other types of sinus surgery.2
ENT Specialist Dr. Salmeron uses NuVent™ in Aventura FL.
Balloon sinus surgery has associated risks, including tissue trauma, bleeding, infection, and possible ophthalmic injury. Patients should always discuss their individual needs and the potential risks and benefits of any treatment or procedure with their doctor.
This therapy is not for everyone. Please consult your doctor. A prescription is required. For additional information, please contact Medtronic at 800-874-5797 or visit Medtronic’s website at www.medtronicent.com
For supplementary information on the NuVent™ EM Sinus Dilation Systems please visit www.sinusitissurgery.com
- Rosenfeld RM, Andes D, Bhattacharyva N, et al. Clinical practice guidelines: Adult sinusitis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007;137:S1-S31.
- Chandra RK, Kern RC, Cutler JL, et al. REMODEL larger cohort with long-term outcomes and meta-analysis of standalone balloon dilation studies. Laryngoscope. 2016;126(1):44-50.
- American Rhinologic Society. Sinusitis Q&A. http://care.american-rhinologic.org/sinusitis_q_a? Accessed October 16, 2015.
- Sikand A. Introduction to an office-based sinus surgery technique. Operative Techniques Otolaryngol. 2011;22:249-252.
- Silvers SL. Practical techniques in office-based balloon sinus dilation. Operative Techniques Otolaryngol. 2014;25:206-212.